With information being generated at a phenomenal rate, it’s easy for your content to get lost in the crowd. Fortunately, platforms such as Buzzsumo can help you navigate through the content marketing maze. It’s a place where you can conduct content research, see what’s trending and identify who the influencers are. You can even measure the impact of your own content across different social media channels.
Why use social media tracking and content curation tools?
Managing a business takes time. You don’t want to spend valuable time sifting through content and manually tracking your social media efforts. This is where social media tracking and content curation tools can help. It brings you relevant insights on demand. You can use these tools to identify trending topics in your industry or source inspiration for your content. Minimising the time and effort needed to implement your content strategy will ensure it remains consistent and sustainable in the long term.
Social media and content marketing can be a valuable strategy that positions your brand as a leader in the industry. It builds trust and authority when your audience looks to your brand for information. Whether it’s creating original content or sharing someone else’s, you’ll need effective tools to help you. You’ll be equipped to gauge the popularity of your content and see which networks are most effective. Content creation becomes an informed process that is aligned with both your audience’s needs and your business objectives.
Popular tools for social media tracking and content curation
There are many different tools available to assist with your social media and content marketing. Some focus on helping businesses create content, while others assist in distributing content and measuring effectiveness. Here are several popular tools you can consider for your business. The options are vast and this list is by no means exhaustive.
Buzzsumo – $79 to $499+ per month
- Identify popular content being shared by influencers.
- Identify and follow influencers. Filter by topic, location, level of engagement and authority.
- Track your competitors and see what is working for them in terms of shared content.
- Conduct research on keywords, backlinks, webpages and domains.
- Assess the effectiveness of your content on different social networks.
Pitchbox – $195 to 1500 per month
- A content marketing platform that lets you search for influencers.
- Create customized emails for reaching out to influencers.
- Automate follow-ups and track progress.
Sprout Social – $99 to $249 per month
- Manage social media channels and keep track of conversations.
- Manage your content calendar.
- Social media analysis and reporting shows you how successful your campaigns are.
- Great for curating and sharing content.
EpicBeat – $49 per month or $490 per year
- Identify trends, discover ideas and curate content.
- Locate influencers across popular social channels.
- Listen in on conversations.
EpicTrack – $199 per month or $1999 per year
- Includes all the features of EpicBeat plus more.
- In-depth analysis of your content.
- Track conversions and ROI
- Gauge how your brand is being perceived with sentiment analysis
- Track mentions of your brand.
Oktopost – Customised pricing
- Social media management platform designed for B2B businesses.
- Useful for measuring social media effectiveness and generating leads.
- Streamline content sharing across all social media channels.
- Analytics is available to measure the impact of your content.
- Allows integration with CRM like Salesforce and HubSpot.
Social Animal – $49 to $299 per month
- Conduct content research such as keyword and title analysis. It can be an effective tool for exploring new keywords.
- Optimize your content creation and distribution.
- Search for influencers.
Content Studio – $0 to $197 per month
- Use Content Studio to discover, track, and share content.
- Predict the virality of content.
- Automate your content delivery.
- Analytics available for any webpage.
Things to consider when choosing your social media tracking and content curation tool
When faced with an extensive range of options, choosing the right tool can be difficult. You’ll need to consider both the functionality and the price you’re willing to pay. Before making a decision, be clear on the objectives you’re trying to achieve. Is it content curation? Social media management? Or Influencer marketing? Answering these questions can help you determine the best tool for your business.
Sometimes you won’t know what’s right until you try out the tools yourself. Most of the social media and content management platforms offer free trials. Sign up to a few and take it for a test drive. When you first start out, the basic options may suffice. As your business grows, you can consider tools with more advanced functionalities.
Implementing and tracking your online marketing activities can be a complex process.
Contact Emergination to discuss how to use social media and content marketing to propel your business to the next level.